Using Deleted File Recovery software
For the safety reasons, the utility warns you if you trying to write the recovered file back into the same drive. A newly created file might overwrite the file under recovery (or a part of it), or the contents of the other deleted files. Always restore files to another logical removable, floppy or network drive.
In some cases a file cannot be restored completely, because the body of the file or a part of it has been already overwritten (by some other files). In this case a warning message appears.
Deleted files and folders differ from the non-deleted items by icons:
- White icons show existing files.
- Grey icons show deleted files with a good chance of recovery.
- Black icons show deleted files with a poor chance of recovery because they may have been overwritten or partially overwritten on the disk.
- Yellow icons show existing folders.
- White icons show deleted folders with a good chance of recovery.
- Black icons show deleted folders with a poor chance of recovery.